Selling your old or new furniture online has never been easier! Here is how to sell furniture online in just 5 steps!
You want to get rid of your old furniture and make space for something new? Do you want to make some money? Well, selling your old furniture or reselling your new one online has never been easier. However, you need to keep in mind that sketchy details, dark or low-quality photos won’t find you any potential buyers.
In order to get the most money for your furniture, all you need to do is follow these 5 steps:
- Take a great, high-quality, and high-resolution photo – The first thing you need to do is take a great photo of the piece of furniture you want to sell. Remember, natural lighting is always better, even better than flash, so if you don’t want your photo to have any dramatic spotlights or shadows and you want to capture the true color, using natural lighting is the way to go.
- Show scale – It is super important to take a photo of the furniture you are selling in a real lifestyle setting. By doing so, you will help your potential buyers picture the size of the chair or table.
- Describe the furniture right – When describing the furniture, the idea is to go beyond a simple description and say something that will make the potential buyer fall in love with it. For example, you cannot just write “nice wood drawers” because that means nothing to the buyer and won’t attract his attention, but if you write “finely crafted wood drawers, deep enough and roomy to store your flatware” that is something that will definitely attract his attention.
- Provide all important details – When describing the furniture, you need to keep in mind that the buyer can’t see or touch the furniture and because of that. you need to be as specific as possible. You need to provide all the important details such as – when was the furniture made? Who manufactured it? Add measurements, color, material, and anything else that seem important to you. Remember, the more specific you get – the better!
- Promote on different marketplaces – If you want to get the best price, you need to go beyond eBay or Craigslist. There are specific websites and marketplaces that are designed for online furniture selling, such as AptDeco, Viyet, Krrb, Chairish, and etc.
Are you ready to sell furniture now?
Where to Sell Furniture: 3 New Places to Check Out
Are tired of selling on Craigslist? Looking for some new places to sell furniture online? Look no further and check out these 3 great places!
Selling furniture online is a great way to get rid of the pieces you don’t want anymore and make extra cash. Craigslist is one of the best websites for selling old furniture, however, if you want to promote yourself more and attract attention and new buyers, looking for some new interesting places is always recommended.
When it comes to selling your old furniture online, it is never easy to connect with people you don’t really know. Thankfully, we have 3 great places to show you. These 3 web-based platforms get in the middle of you and any potential buyers, and help you sell your furniture for the best price.
Check them out:
- Move Loot – All you have to do is take a photo of the furniture you want to sell and send it to this site with a specific asking price. After that, leave it to the experts at Move Loot. They will do an appraisal within 24 hours and if they decide to sell the furniture for you, they will wrap it and pick it up for you. They will take high-quality, high-resolution, and professional photos and post to their online marketplace. When a sale is concluded, you will split the profit with them (this may vary). After 1 month, the price can be marked down and after 2 months, you can donate your furniture or have it returned for a small fee.
- AptDeco – This website is similar to Craigslist. You create a listing for each piece of furniture you want to sell. A potential buyer submits an offer to purchase through the website and you have only 24 hours to accept it. When a sale is concluded, AptDeco keeps 14-19%, it usually depends on the price. The payments are handled by AptDeco and you as a seller will receive the money on your account within 24-48 hours.
- Trove – We can say that this website is a combination of Tinder and Craigslist. You can post a listing of your furniture and potential buyers can swipe through and see what is available for purchase around them. You will receive a notification if any potential buyer is interested in your furniture and you can choose the best one, based on the performance and reviews of the buyer.
Do you know other places or options where you can sell furniture? Share in the comments below.